Doctor of Pharmacy Program (Pharm.D.)
The College of Pharmacy requires that the general education requirements(link) of the University of Utah be completed prior to beginning the PharmD Professional Program in addition to the following Pre-Pharmacy requirements.
- 1 year of General Chemistry with laboratories
(CChem 1210; 1220; 1215; and 1225)
- 1 year of Organic Chemistry with laboratories
(CChem 2310; 2320; 2315; and 2325)
- 1 year of Calculus
(Math 1210 and 1220)
- 1 year of Physics
(Ph.Cs. 2010 & 2020; 2110 & 2120; or 2210 & 2220)
- 1 semester of Human Anatomy
- 1 semester of Human Physiology
- 1 semester of Professional/Technical Writing
- 1 semester of Microbiology
(Path 3100 or Path 3010)
For equivalent course numbers at schools in the state of Utah please go to:
AP credit will only be accepted for the following courses through the College of Pharmacy only.
• Calculus: 4 on either the AB or BC test waives MATH 1210 only. 5 on the BC test waives Math 1210 & 1220.
• Chemistry: 4 on waives CHEM 1210 only. 5 on waives CHEM 1210 & 1220.
• Physics: 4 on either PHYSA or PHYSB waives first semester. 4 or 5 on both PHYSB and PHYSC waives both semesters.
All pre-requisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better and a minimum Prerequisite GPA of 2.8
All of the pre-required core science course work and general education course work can be taken at any school in the state of Utah.
No more than three (3) of the Pre-Pharmacy required courses may be outstanding, or in progress on January 1 of the year you are applying. If attending an institution with a quarter system, than no more than four (4) pending courses.
Courses accepted by the University of Utah are not automatically accepted by the College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee in fulfillment of pharmacy prerequisites.
For questions regarding Admission or Applications please contact the College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. Program Admissions Office: PharmD.Admissions@pharm.utah.edu