August 31st, 2017
There are two pharmacy intern positions open at American Fork Hospital.
Job posting details:
Title : Pharmacy Intern Level 1
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist. Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
• Provides excellent service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
• Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
• Provides patient education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
• Is training to become competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
• Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
• Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
• Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
• Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
• Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
• Entry Rate: $17.20
• Benefits Eligible: No
• Shift Details: Pharmacy intern will be responsible to work every 3rd weekend 1100-1900 and every other Monday from 1600-2000.
• Department: Pharmacy, American Fork Hospital
• Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
• Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
• Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
• Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Expiration Date: 9/6/2017
Jacob Matthew Blackham
Clinical Pharmacist Team Lead, American Fork Hospital
July 25, 2017
Central Pharmacy Manager
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC)
Los Angeles, CA (90048)
Reports to: Associate Director of Pharmacy
Organization: Cedars-Sinats one of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 2,800 [ilurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for complex and advanced illnesses. Cedars-Sinai serves as a major organ transplant center with over 120 critical care beds.
Pharmacists are key members of the expert team of Physicians, Nurses, and other healthcare professionals who make Cedars-Sinai known around the world. Pharmacy Services consists of more than 380 team members providing industry-leading, evidence-based medicine. Cedars-Sinai preceptors have been recognized by multiple schools of pharmacy for their mentorship and preceptorship. Team members are also involved in several academic activities, including publications and presentations at national professional meetings.
Responsibilities: The Central Pharmacy Manager will be directly responsible for providing Central Pharmacy Services to CSMC patients with a team of 10 Pharmacists and 18 Technicians. S/he will provide leadership, direction, assessment and oversight of Central Pharmacy policies, processes and standards to ensure high quality, regulatory compliant and cost-effective pharmaceutical service delivery including, but not limited to:
- First-dose dispensing
- Controlled substance distribution
cartfillvia automated robot
- Non-sterile compounding
- Medication receiving and
storate(medication carousels/ automated dispensing cabinets)
- Unit-dosing/ packaging
- Participation in CSMC initiatives/committees
- Team performance management and review
- Regulatory compliance
- New program development / implementation
- Planning/ transition into newly renovated pharmacy space
- Focus on patient safety, pharmacy efficiency, cost containment strategies and customer service
- Serves as the Pharmacy Administrator-On-Duty (
AOD) on a rotating basis
- Precepting of Residents (PGY-2, PGY-1) and students
- Routinely staffs in Central Pharmacy area (up to 20%)
- Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy is required; PharmD degree is preferred
In-patienthospital pharmacy experience required, preferably in a supervisory role for an academic medical center or large, complex teaching hospital; understanding of hospital environment, including regulatory requirements
- Completion of ASHP-accredited residency program preferred; licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of California required
- Knowledge of pharmacy automation systems; ability to deal with micro and macro issues related to hospital pharmacy practices
Compensation: Competitive compensation package offered
Contact: Please send confidential resume/CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 19, 2017
Pharmacy Compounding Technician
Jolley's Compounding Pharmacy - Salt Lake City, UT
WANTED: COMPOUNDING TECHNICIAN!
• Competitive Pay $12 to $17+
• Health and Dental Insurance after 30 days working 30hr/
• Opportunity for personal and professional development
• Profit Sharing after 1000 hours
• Positive Attitude
• Communication skills
• Self Starter
• Available to work 30-40 hours per week
• Pharmacy Technician License in the state of Utah
• 2+ year experience working as a pharmacy technician
• Demonstrated Leadership Experience
• Experience with PioneerRx pharmacy management system
• Experience with
• Experience with Inventory Management
• Experience working in a compounding pharmacy
• Experience as a compounder
Under the direction of the Lead Compounder, the Compounding Technician:
• Prepares all compound orders safely and accurately within one business day
• Maintains a familiarity and compliance with compounding standards, including USP <795>
• Prepares Stat compound orders
• Consults with PCCA as necessary
• Maintains a clean compounding room
• Orders necessary chemicals
• Maintains compounding equipment
• Follows all Standard Operating Procedures
In person: 1702 S 1100 E Salt Lake City, UT 84105
By Phone: 801-891- 5520
By Fax: 801-484- 8677
By Email: email@example.com
Or apply right here!
Jolley’s Compounding Pharmacy is open Monday-Friday from 9-6 and Saturdays 9-2
Or Apply For This Job
July 11, 2017
USPHS Commissioned Corps
The USPHS Commissioned Corps will be opening up for pharmacist applications this summer from July 3rd to July 31st. For more information such as contact information and eligibility, please go to http://www.usphs.gov/apply/apply.aspx. For a video of what we do, please visit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHqdHp1I8Ek.
Jason Kinyon, PharmD, PhC, BCPS LCDR
United States Public Health Service
Rapid City Service Unit
3200 Canyon Lake DR
Rapid City, SD 57702
Phone: (605) 355 2211