Laura Hamilton | Human Resources Director/Dean's Assistant
30 South 2000 East, Rm 110A
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Directs the operations and strategic planning of human resources, and customer services in areas including (but not limited to) administrative services, federal or state compliance, and other general business services. Supports the University of Utah’s goals and missions. This individual must be proficient in making daily operational decisions in assigned areas to ensure compliance of current regulations and guidelines
- Develops and implements customer service and human resources for the College of Pharmacy consistent with the University of Utah’s goals and objectives.
- Oversees management of both facilities and custodial issues for the College of Pharmacy
- Implements and administers new and existing programs and services in the College of Pharmacy Dean’s office to internal and external customers. Evaluates the effectiveness of programs.
- Programs will include College level safety programs, risk management programs, employee development programs, employee recognition programs, other administrative programs, etc…
- Serves as Qualtrics Brand Administrator and Insights professional.
- Manages CCure Access and reporting for the College of Pharmacy, U of U
- Internal customers: COP Faculty, COP Students, COP Staff
- External customers: University Faculty, Students, Staff not affiliated with the College of Pharmacy
- Embedded HR Director for the College.
- Access to HR System for faster processing of posting approval, hire processing, epaf processing for changes in employment, access for internal CoP staff to HR systems.
- Train alongside Central HR staff for full training on systems and processes related to the University HR Administration.
- Backup for vacation/sick leave could be provided by a counterpart at CoN.
- Embedded HR would include processing paperwork for all HR related functions for the CoP. This would not yet include faculty other than involvement and training and participation in recruitment process.Responsible for posting all staff positions, screening for all staff positions, participating in on site interviews as a consultant, participating in offer discussions, and processing the hire. Processing of any reclassifications, processing change of status epafs, RIF processing, and termination.
- Work alongside faculty and managers as coaching and mentoring needs to be implemented and would be available to provide coaching or to refer to other resources as necessary.
- Involvement in discussions that involve strategic HR decisions with regards to staffing and best practices for how we do business at the College of Pharmacy.
- Chair CoP Employee Engagement Committee with representation from each department
- Participates in the development and interpretation of UU College of Pharmacy policies to ensure compliance with UU policies and regulatory requirements. Authorizes exceptions to University policy for the [College of Pharmacy]. Ensures compliance with Federal and state regulations.
- Establishes internal objectives for assigned areas of responsibility and implements procedures to meet goals. Assists in setting [College of Pharmacy] short and long‐term goals.
- Oversees College of Pharmacy human resources management including recruitment performance evaluations, and retention of staff in the Dean’s Office. Provides consultation and coaching to department staff.
- Provides human resources support with recruitment, performance evaluations, and consultations for all College of Pharmacy Departments.
- Ensures faculty and staff satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns, and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
- Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relations with the community and other institutions by serving on University Task Forces and Committees as the College representative. Serves on Human Resources Advisory Committee for Health Sciences. Serves on HR Roundtable Committee alongside other HR Representatives.
- Serves as part of the College of Pharmacy Executive Committee and Management Team alongside the Dean, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, and Department Chairs.
- Serves as staff to the Retention, Promotion, and Tenure Committee providing support to the committee chair in processing of the files.
- Serves as staff to the College Space Committee.
- Provides Administrative Support to the Dean. Delegates and tracks administrative needs for the Dean’s Office.
- Co-Chair Monthly staff meetings with all Dean’s Office Staff. Provide team-building and coaching activities for areas of focus.
- Responsible for Dean’s Office event coordination.
- Compose budget narrative for College based on strategic insights provided by Department Chairs and Dean.
Updated: July, 2016