NACDS Point-of-Care Testing training program
Sep 25, 2014 12:00 AM
University of Utah, College of Pharmacy, L.S. Skaggs Pharmacy Institute is hosting the Community Pharmacy-Based Point-of Care Testing certificate & Train the Trainer program, NACDS’ two-day training opportunity for pharmacists.
Day 1 equips participants with the skills to implement a point-of-care testing program in their pharmacy for influenza, Group A streptococcus, HIC and hepatitis C.
Day 2 participants learn to train their fellow pharmacists.
Get more information about the program
- Day 1 for Certificate Program: August 7th at 8:30am - 5pm
- Day 2 for Train-the-Trainer: August 8th at
- Lunch provided on both days
- Exact Location for Trainings: The exact building/room number of the training at the University of Utah will be shared via e-mail with participants closer to the training
- There is no hotel room block affiliated with this training. Please make travel arrangements as you see fit.
To prepare for the live training, please
Please follow these instructions to
- Go to http://nacds.learnercommunity.com/
- Click “Log in” at the middle right side of the homepage, then click “Sign up for a new account.”
- In the Enrollment Code redemption area, enter:
- Certificate Enrollment Code: KNFLKPMK, then click “Redeem.”
- Train-the-Trainer Enrollment Code: X7JP7LHN, then click “Redeem.”
- Once you finish the login process, click on “My Learning Activities” where you will be able to access both courses. Completion of home study activities is only required for the Certificate Program.
- All students must complete Steps 1-3 within the Certificate Program learning product PRIOR to the live training. Completion of these steps is necessary to prepare for the live program and to also receive continuing pharmacy education credit. You will have two attempts to receive a grade of 70% or higher for the online assessment.
- Step 1: Home Study of Required Readings
- Step 2: Take Online Assessment & Complete Home Study Evaluation
- Step 3: What to Bring to Class & Other Helpful Tips
Please wear comfortable clothing to the live training so that you can participate in physical assessment and specimen collection activities. You will be provided with a hard copy of the presentation slides at the live
By voluntarily participating in the NACDS Point-of-Care Testing training program, you consent to
Please be in touch if you have any questions prior to the live training, or experience any difficulty using the eLearning platform. These