Department of Pharmacotherapy
Title: Assistant Professor (Clinical)
L. S. Skaggs Pharmacy Institute Room 4769
Phone: (801) 587-9594
Pager: (801) 339-6936
Fax: (801) 587-7923
- PGY1 Residency, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2004 – 2005.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000 – 2004.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Brigham Young University, 1994 – 2000.
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2007
Clinical Practice and Research Interests:
- Nephrology, including management of anemia of chronic kidney disease and measures of kidney function for drug dosing
Current Positions Held
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Clinical), University of Utah College of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacotherapy, 2011 - present.
- Clinical Pharmacist, Adult Acute Internal Medicine, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, 2011 – present.
Previous Positions Held
- Clinical Pharmacist, Dialysis, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2005
- Nyman HA, Dowling TC, Hudson JQ, St. Peter WL, Joy MS, Nolin TD. “Comparative evaluation of the Cockcroft-Gault equation and the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) study equation for drug dosing: an opinion of the Nephrology Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy.” Pharmacotherapy 2011;31:1130-1144.
- Hudson JQ, Nyman HA. “Use of estimated glomerular filtration rate for drug dosing in the chronic kidney disease patient.” Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 2011;20:482-491.
- Nyman HA, Jorgenson JA, Slawson MA. “Workplace contamination with antineoplastic agents in a new cancer hospital using a closed-system drug transfer device.” Hosp Pharm 2007;42:219-225.
- Utah Society of Health System Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society