Funding sources for PharmD Projects and Travel for Conferences
PharmD Project Funds
The University of Utah College of Pharmacy has some funds dedicated to support the PharmD Projects. You may request funding for the following: research supplies, consulting or Core facilities use, and travel (you must be accepted to the conference as a presenter). Supplies are capped at $1000 per project, consulting/Core facilities at $500, and travel at $300. The total cap per project is $1500. To request funds, complete the form below and email the completed application to Craig Henchey: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Sources for Student Research Funding
- ACCP, Research Institute, Futures Grants– The ACCP Research Institute (RI) Frontiers Fund supports clinical pharmacy researcher development and clinical pharmacy research advancement. Through its Futures Grants program, the RI Board of Trustees is especially interested in supporting the development of research skills among student, trainee, and early-career ACCP members with a goal of establishing sustained interest and careers in clinical pharmacy research. http://www.accpri.org/futures/
- APhA, Incentive Grants – Incentive Grants offer pharmacists, students, and community pharmacy residents seed money to implement or support an existing innovative patient care service within their pharmacy practice. The program has provided around twenty grants annually since its inception. We have been able to provide this support due in part to the Community Pharmacy Foundation. The Foundation thanks them for their efforts and you may find more information about the Community Pharmacy Foundation below. http://www.aphafoundation.org/incentive-grants
- AFPE, Gateway to Research Scholarship (and others) – The primary goal of the Gateway to Research Scholarship program is to help students gain an understanding of the importance of research by enabling them to apply that knowledge to improve their clinical skills. http://afpepharm.org/index.php/grants-scholarships-and-awards/
- SciVal – A wide reaching search engine for funding opportunities. http://www.funding.scival.com
Additional Funding for Conference Travel
- Associated Students of the University of Utah (ASUU) Travel Funding – A student or group registered with an ASUU Student Organization can request up to 50% of their eligible travel costs be covered by ASUU, up to $400 per trip per student. Total amount funded per student not to exceed $800 per fiscal year (July 1st – June 30th). https://asuu.utah.edu/funding
- College of Pharmacy Dean’s Office – The College of Pharmacy Dean’s Office sometimes funds travel. You should apply to ASUU before asking the Dean’s Office for funding. For more information, contact Shawna Webster email@example.com.
- Baker Award – The Department of Pharmacotherapy has an endowed award that can be used to support travel to present research. For more information, Contact Jennifer Babin firstname.lastname@example.org.