Title: Professor Emeritus
Email address: email@example.com
Education and Training:
- B.S., 1956, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy
- Ph.D., 1961, University of Utah. Pharmacology
Dr. Wolf is the Project Manager of the Anticonvulsant Drug Development Program. This NIH - sponsored initiative is the major pre-clinical component of an Epilepsy Therapeutics Research Program of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The project uses animal seizure models and neuroscience techniques to help develop new antiepileptic agents.
Dr. Wolf was born December 19, 1934 in Quincy, Massachusetts, received a B.S. in Pharmacy degree from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy in 1956 and a Ph.D. degree in Pharmacology from the University of Utah in 1961. He has held faculty and administrative posts at both The Ohio State University and the University of Utah and has authored some 300 manuscripts and technical reports relating to neuropharmacology and to various aspects of pharmaceutical education. Dr. Wolf has held leadership positions within several national pharmacy organizations and has received several teaching awards. Additional honors include the Kimberly Professorship at The Ohio State University; an Alumni Achievement Award from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy; an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Maryland; the University of Utah College of Pharmacy Distinguished Faculty Award as well as the College's Distinguished Alumnus Award and Weaver Medal; and the University of Utah Rosenblatt Prize for sustained excellence which materially advances the reputation of the university. He is now partially retired and thus able to spend more time as an avid birdwatcher, photographer, snorkler, skier, fisher and grandparent.
- Salvati, P., Maj, R., Caccia, C., Cervini, M.A., Fornaretto, M.G., Lamberti, E., Pevarello,P., Skeen, G.A., White, H.S., Wolf, H.H., Farvelli, L., Mazzanti, M., Mancinelli, E., Varasi, M., and Fariello, R.G. Biochemical and electrophysiological studies on the mechanism of action of PNU-151774E, a novel antiepileptic compound. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Therap. 288, 1151-1159, 1999.
- White, H.S., Brown, S.D., Woodhead, J.H., Skeen, G.A., and Wolf, H.H. Topiramate modulates GABA-evoked currents in murine cortical neurons by a nonbenzodiazepine mechanism. Epilepsia 41 (S1) S17-S20, 2000.
- Wolf, H.H. Dissecting excellence. Am. J. Pharm. Educ. 64, 320-324, 2000.
- Barton, M.E., Klein, B.D., Wolf, H.H., and White, H.S. Pharmacological characterization of the 6 Hz psychomotor seizure model of partial epilepsy. Epilepsy Research. Epilepsy Research 47, 217-227,2001.
- White, H.S., Woodhead, J.H., Wilcox, K.S., Stables, J.P., Kupferburg,H.J. and Wolf, H.H. Discovery and Preclinical Development of Antiepileptic Drugs in Levy, R.H., Mattson, R.H., Meldrum B, Perucca E (eds): Antieplieptic Drugs, Fifth Edition, Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2002.
- Wolf, H.H. Commission to Implement Change in Pharmacy Education, AACP in DiPiro JT (ed): pp. 210-213, Encyclopedia of Clinical Pharmacy. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2003