Advises a diverse population of students in regards to their admissions applications by utilizing professional advising and guidance skills. Staffs Admissions Committee and makes data-driven recommendations to supervisor regarding recruiting initiatives.
- Collects and disseminates information to pre-pharmacy students, faculty and departments about changes in University policies and adjusts advising strategies as appropriate
- Maintains students’ academic files to include a record of the advising activity that takes place during each visit
- Serves on University committees and makes recommendations that affect curriculum requirements, advising processes and program development and published materials
- Coordinates data compilation, statistical reports and correspondence for incoming PharmD students
- May plan and participate in continuing education for advising staff
- May participate in hiring, cross-training, and evaluating fellow staff and/or student employees
- Manage admissions processes including Graduate School application tracking and file review
- Manages the COP Admissions e-mail inbox exclusively, and disseminates emails as necessary to staff and faculty
- Strategically research the best recruitment opportunities to increase exposure for the PharmD program, and execute recruitment opportunities in order to increase applicant pool
- Oversee and plan Interview Days for the PharmD program
- Front desk coverage for lunch breaks
- This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.