College of Pharmacy Continuing Education
New Drug and Therapies Update 2018
Presented by: Nicholas Cox, PharmD
6:00PM - 7:30PM
A LIVE Webinar for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
1.5 LIVE Contact Hours Available
- Evaluate the indication(s), mechanism of action, evidence for approval, and key counseling points for new drugs/biologics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) over the past year
- Assess the potential role in therapy for new drugs/biologics approved by the FDA over the past year
- Compare and contrast new drugs/biologics approved by the FDA over the past year to previously existing therapies
- Evaluate the factors impacting trends in the number of new drug/biologic approvals
- List the brand/generic names and indication(s) of new drugs/biologics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) over the past year
- Define the following terms: novel drug, first-in-class drug, rare/orphan disease drugs
- Evaluate the factors impacting trends in the number of drug/biologic approvals
This is a LIVE knowledge based WEBINAR CPE activity for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Successful completion of the webinar involves passing the final exam with a grade of 75% or higher. Successful completion of this exam will result in 1.5 contact hours (0.15 CEU).
Program Funding: no grant has been received for this program.
The University of Utah College of Pharmacy Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Please provide your payment information below. Confirmation of payment will be sent to the email address provided.
This program will be conducted in the form of a "meeting" through Cisco WebEx. Once you have registered for the event, you will receive further instructions on how to join the meeting a couple of days in advance of the live program.