- Cost-effectiveness analysis, Advanced Therapeutics
Daniel C. Malone, PhD, FAMCP, is a Professor of Pharmacotherapy at the University of Utah’s Skaggs College of Pharmacy. His research over the past 20 years has focused on reducing the incidence of drug-drug interactions and improving clinical decision support for drug safety concerns. He also has experience in randomized controlled trials, economic modeling, and outcomes research using observational data. Dr. Malone has over 200 peer-review research publications and over 230 total publications. His extramural research funding exceeds $14 million as Principal or co-Principal Investigator, with over $24 million in total funding.
- Reese T, Wright A, Siru L, Boyce RD, Romero A, Del Fiol G, Kawamoto K, Malone DC. Improving the specificity of drug-drug interaction alerts: Can it be done? American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2022; 2022 Feb 8;zxac045. doi: 10.1093/ajhp/zxac045.
- Villa-Zapata L, Carhart BS, Horn JR, Hansten PD, Subbian V, Gephart S, Tan M, Romero A, Malone DC. Serum potassium changes due to concomitant ACEI/ARB and spironolactone therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2021; 78:2245-2255.
- Villa Zapata L, Hansten PD, Panic J, Horn JR, Boyce RD, Gephart S, Subbian V, Romero A, Malone DC. Risk of bleeding with exposure to warfarin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2020; 120(7): 1066-1074.
- Malone DC, Dean R, Arjuinji R, Jensen I, Cyr P, Miller B, Maru B, Sproule DM, Feltner DE, Dabbous O. Cost-effectiveness analysis of using onasemnogene abeparvocec (AVXS-101) in spinal muscle atrophy type 1 patients. Journal of Market Access & Health Policy 2019; 7:1601484. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/20016689.2019.1601484
- Malone DC, Brown M, Hurwitz JT, Peters L, Graff JS. Real-world evidence: useful in the real world of US payer decision making? How? When? And what studies? Value in Health 2018; 21(4):389-399.