- L. S. Skaggs Pharmacy Institute, Room 4769
- Phone: (801) 587-9594
- Pager: (801) 339-6936
- Fax: (801) 587-7923
- Email: Heather.Nyman@hsc.utah.edu
- PGY1 Residency, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2004 – 2005.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000 – 2004.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Brigham Young University, 1994 – 2000.
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2007
Clinical Practice and Research Interests
- Nephrology, including management of anemia of chronic kidney disease and measures of kidney function for drug dosing
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Clinical), University of Utah College of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacotherapy, July 2018 - present.
- Clinical Pharmacist, Adult Acute Internal Medicine, University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2013 – present.
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Clinical), University of Utah College of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacotherapy, 2011 - July 2018.
- Clinical Pharmacist, Adult Acute Internal Medicine, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, 2011 – 2013.
- Clinical Pharmacist, Dialysis, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2005 - 2011.
- LaFleur J, Bress AP, Esker S, Knippenberg K, Crook J, Nyman H, Bedimo R, Tebas P, Rosenblatt L. Brief report: tenofovir-associated nephrotoxicity among a US national cohort of HIV-infected veterans: risk modification by concomitant antiretrovirals. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2018;77:325-330.
- Nyman H, Pippitt K, Hansen A, Gunning K. Bone disease in patients with kidney disease: A tricky interplay. J Fam Pract. 2016;65:608-608, 610-612.
- Nyman HA. Renal dosing in high-risk populations. J Inf Nurs 2015;38:210-215.
- Stephens S, Nyman H, Shane-McWhorter L. Assessing and treating hepatic encephalopathy in the older patient. Consult Pharm. 2012;27:797-802.
- Nyman HA, Dowling TC, Hudson JQ, St. Peter WL, Joy MS, Nolin TD. “Comparative evaluation of the Cockcroft-Gault equation and the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) study equation for drug dosing: an opinion of the Nephrology Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy.” Pharmacotherapy 2011;31:1130-1144.
- Hudson JQ, Nyman HA. “Use of estimated glomerular filtration rate for drug dosing in the chronic kidney disease patient.” Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 2011;20:482-491.
- Nyman HA, Jorgenson JA, Slawson MA. “Workplace contamination with antineoplastic agents in a new cancer hospital using a closed-system drug transfer device.” Hosp Pharm 2007;42:219-225.
- Utah Society of Health System Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society