Provides computer support by troubleshooting and correcting problems with computer hardware or software applications.
Serves as a help desk resource for the College of Pharmacy
Requests, maintains user accounts
- Active Directory, network devices, maintain Network Shares, Group access etc., create/unlock user accounts
- Epic and Power Chart, VPN, UTRAC and other applications
Set up and support of networked devices
- Setup new computers, rebuild old ones.
- Support hand held devices, tablets, IPhones, smart phones, and other wireless devices
- Act as primary Apple computer support for the College of Pharmacy
- Maintain Taskforce computers and laptops in COP Room 216 computer lab and the HSEB COP Lounge
Install software for faculty, staff and students
- Be familiar with Windows, MAC OS, Offices suites and other basic software, make recommendations, assist with purchasing, assist with installation and configuration per U of U specifications
Maintain active email accounts
- Create alias for new College of Pharmacy users, assist with size of mailbox, unlock accounts, maintaining distribution lists for Dean's Office
Set up printers reserve
- IP addresses for the printer and install at applicable workstations
Data recovery and/or backup
- Follow HIPPA guidelines, respond to security violations
- Safely dispose of and surplus obsolete hardware
Provide networking support
- Request ports to be enabled, cabling, replace hardware such as fans in the switches, etc.
Updated: March, 2016