Vision and Mission
Mission: To be a leader in the field of bioanalytical sciences and integrate bioanalytical skills into individual research.
Vision: To advance scientific knowledge through the use of precision, state-of-the art analytical approaches to study the fate of chemical agents in living systems, while educating future scientists in this field.
The CHT will remain at the forefront of bioanalytical sciences.
- Integrate bioanalytical skills into diverse research areas of CHT faculty.
- Continue development of bioanalytical skills while seeking infrastructure upgrades to maintain technology
- Sustain the impact of CHT on health sciences research through continued inter-disciplinary collaborations requiring quality bioanalytical services and other diverse skills of CHT faculty.
- Create a comprehensive and affordable platform of precision bioanalytical assays that are readily available to researchers involved in pharmacological, toxicological, and forensic studies.
- Establish itself as the “go to” laboratory for custom and routine bioanalytical needs, within and outside the University of Utah.
Education and Training
The CHT will contribute to undergraduate, graduate and professional training in the College of Pharmacy, School of Medicine and Allied Graduate Programs
- The CHT will lead the way in training next generation bioanalytical scientists.
- CHT faculty Continue to offer traditional didactic and hands on educational opportunities to students and trainees at the University of Utah.
- Establish mechanisms to support a consistent level of opportunities to train undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, and new investigators who wish to become leaders in the field of toxicology, including bioanalytical science.
Professional Services and Outreach
The CHT will provide expert consultation and exemplary service in the toxicology and bioanalytical sciences.
- Continue to provide and to support bioanalytical services through collaborative and consulting mechanisms.
- Offer colleagues expertise in the design of new scientific research plans and bioanalytical assay/study design.
- Provide insight from a toxicology standpoint on issues of importance to the community at large.
- Provide leadership and service to University and external committees
The CHT will grow to meet the ever-expanding needs for advancement of bioanalytical services and other medical sciences within the realm of CHT faculty.
- Attract and establish new collaborations between innovative scientists involved in cross-cutting health sciences, forensic, and related research.
- Recruit new CHT associates to broaden the scope of contributions that CHT can make to health science, general and forensic toxicology, and related research; from pre-clinical drug development/safety to translational sciences.
- Expand development activities to market CHT services, raise funds to support the CHT infrastructure, and expand CHTs professional and educational contributions to the University of Utah and scientific research community.
- Expand the CHT infrastructure and expertise to develop new and innovative assay platforms to address evolving niches: environmental and safety biomarker biomonitoring, in vitro and early in vivo drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics services, and services to support initiatives in precision pharmacotherapy/medicine.