Skip to main content
- The student must not be on probation.
- You are responsible for ALL costs (no housing or fuel reimbursements).
- Students will be responsible for coordinating with the preceptor to discuss and meet all of the site-specific requirements (may include paperwork, employment verification, drug testing, etc.)
- Obtain an intern license in the appropriate state and upload into CORE ELMS at least 6 weeks before the start of rotation.
- Obtain proof of liability insurance and upload into CORE ELMS at least 6 weeks before the start of rotation.
- The Clinical Training Agreement (negotiated by EE Team and Site) must be in place before March 1st of your P3 year.
To initiate an Out-of-State Rotation
- Email or discuss your intentions with the EE Team. We can help you find already established sites or preceptors if needed.
- Complete the OOS APPE Request Form and email it to Experiential.Education@pharm.utah.edu by September 1st of your P3 year. At this time you should have confirmation from the preceptor that they are willing to take you.
- EE Team will work with your site to develop a Clinical Training Agreement, which must be in place prior to the Lottery.
- EE Team will work with your preceptor to make them an official University of Utah COP preceptor.
Insurances Needed for Out-of-State Rotations
- Health Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Provided by the University (automatically provided to students who are residents of Utah while in school)