Experiential education exposes students to contemporary pharmacy practice models. This includes interprofessional practice involving shared decision-making, professional ethics and expected behaviors, and direct patient care activities. Educators purposefully engage with learners in direct experience and focused reflection in order to develop the student’s professional practice
Tips for a Successful Rotation
- Show up each day on time, prepared, and dressed appropriately.
- Prepare ahead for your rotation, and complete any assigned pre-work.
- Accept and give constructive feedback.
- Communicate with the Experiential Education Team. We are here to help you have a successful rotation.
- Communicate with the preceptor
- Always be respectful
- Email your preceptor ahead of time to coordinate your schedule and define expectations (2-6 weeks in advance depending on rotation).
- Clarify and communicate expectations if they are not clear.
- Treat your preceptor as you would a supervisor at work.
- Remember that they volunteered their time and effort to be a preceptor.
Financial Planning for Rotations
Personal Money Management Center
Student resources and counseling for budgets, loans, scholarship money planning, and more.
Discounts and Savings
Save money on transportation, food, apparel, and more using your UCard.
Report a Problem
In an Emergency
Call 911, or the appropriate emergency phone number at your rotation site. Remove yourself from any situation which feels unsafe. Always contact the Experiential Education Team as soon as possible.
If you are injured while on site during one of your clerkship rotations, you are covered under the University’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance. You must fax (801-585-7375) or scan and email the E1 Form 122 to the below designated contact within 24 hours of the injury. Scan and email is preferred.
- Last Name (A-M): Emily Howland, (801) 581-7448
- Last Name (N-Z): Alex Latimer, (801) 585-0044
If you need medical attention, the following sites can provide care with no out-of-pocket expenses. Be sure to tell them this is a Workers Compensation case.
- Red Med (Preferred)
- Redwood Health Center (Preferred for serious injury)
- University of Utah Hospital Urgent Care
- South Jordan Health Center
Report to CORE ELMS
Login to your CORE ELMS account. Go to the “Incidents” tab, then “Record New Incident.” This should only be used for non-emergency situations, or after the emergency has been resolved.