Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The College of Pharmacy’s mission with respect to diversity and inclusion is to provide direction and further our University’s commitment to the promotion of cultural diversity and prioritize the recruitment, retention, promotion and advancement of students, faculty and staff.
We aim to foster a community reflective of the diverse experiences and backgrounds of its students, faculty and staff across race and ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, cultural and spiritual beliefs, age, abilities and special needs, education, military experience, national origin, immigration status, language differences, and socio-economic status. We have a profound commitment to individuals from historically underserved populations who identify as members of an under-represented minority group.
Policies and Reporting
If you are currently in a situation where immediate medical, police or other emergency services are needed:
- call 911 or University Emergency Communications at 801-585-2677 (801-585-COPS).
Purpose. The University of Utah (“University”) is committed to providing and fostering an environment that is safe and free from prohibited Discrimination. This is the primary Policy that informs the University community of the University’s commitment to preventing prohibited Discrimination and fostering an academic, employment, and healthcare environment that is free from prohibited Discrimination, including Harassment and Sexual Misconduct.
To file a complaint regarding discrimination contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (OEO/AA)
Title IX - Sexual Misconduct
University of Utah policy prohibits sex discrimination, which includes sexual misconduct. Sexual Misconduct is the most egregious form of sex discrimination. Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is the comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity.
Policies, procedures, and resources are in place to take immediate and appropriate steps to remedy violations of University policy and the university will take steps to end or eliminate the hostile environment, prevent its recurrence and to remedy the effects, as appropriate under each individual’s circumstances.
To file a complaint regarding sexual harassment or sexual misconduct contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (OEO/AA)
Bias, Intolerance, and Discrimination
- At the University of Utah, there is simply no place for bias, discrimination, racism, bigotry, hate or violence. We condemn all such acts and words in the strongest possible terms.
- We stand on common ground in support of an inclusive campus and commitment to diversity. U administrators want to assure our students, faculty and staff that we are dedicated to creating a safe, welcoming and equitable campus where we work together to engage, support and advance a living, learning and working environment that fosters values of respect, diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence.
- Bias or hate incidents consist of speech, conduct or some other form of expression or action that is motivated wholly or in part by prejudice or bias whose impact discriminates, demeans, embarrasses, assigns stereotypes, harasses or excludes individuals because of their race, color, ethnicity, national origin, language, sex, size, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.
- University of Utah SAFEU definition
If you have witnessed or experienced a bias incident within the University of Utah community, you may use the button below to report it anonymously or with your name.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2020-2021 Academic Year)
|Heather Nyman, PharmD, BCPS||Assistant Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion|
|Kuby Balagurunathan||Committee Member|
|Diana Brixner||Committee Member (Alumni)|
|Nui Chaiyakunapruk||Committee Member|
|Tyler Clark||Committee Member|
|Mei Yee Koh||Committee Member|
|Alisyn May||Committee Member|
|Sabrina Miller||Committee Member|
|Karen Wilcox||Committee Member|
|Manuel Armenta||Committee Member (Student P2)|
|Loan Huyhn||Committee Member (Student P3)|
|Gisoo Imani||Student Representative|
|James Herron||Ex Officio|