May 31st, 2018
Title : Pharmacy Intern Level 2 - Utah Valley Hospital
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Provides patient education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 8 hours a week. The position works Saturday and Sunday every other weekend and may work some weekday evenings. The position is also required to work some holidays.
- Department: Inpatient pharmacy at Utah Valley Hospital.
- Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Prior Pharmacy Technician hospital experience.
- Pharmacy students entering their second year of pharmacy school.
- Excellent communication skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Expiration Date :6/11/2018
May 23, 2018
RxFlo is hiring a Sales Executive, which includes a salary of $120,000-$150,000 a year. RxFlo is a fast-growing Software as a Service (Saas) company that helps local pharmacies grow by providing them with a complete prescription management solution. We are seeking to hire PharmDs with sales experience to help us achieve our aggressive revenue expansion goals. RxFlo offers a competitive compensation package including 401k matching, health, and dental options.
- Identify new prospects and manage accounts throughout entire sales process: identify/qualify, contact, product presentation, customer relationship development, negotiate, close, manage ongoing customer relationship post-sell.
- Present SaaS product benefits and business solutions clearly through web and on-site demonstrations.
- Learn the product at a highly proficient level including understanding of technical specifications, industry, competitive landscape, customer requirements.
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales objectives.
- Provide accurate weekly sales forecasts and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pharmacy experience plus PharmD or Pharmacy Tech License strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and internet savvy with a good understanding of Web-based technologies.
- Capable of managing the full sales cycle including cold-calling pharmacies, qualifying, negotiating and closing.
- Well organized with good prospecting and follow-up skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 3 years of sales experience.
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up to 50% travel.
We provide pharmacies the ability to enhance their service offering to hospices for the purpose of enhancing the patient’s quality of care. Hospices are trusted to provide for the comfort and well-being of hospice patients as they go through the process of transitioning out of this life. Loving family members place tremendous trust it hospice nurses to ensure their loved ones are given the best care possible during this exceptionally vulnerable time in their lives. Nurse’s spend countless almost a full day a week organizing and ordering prescriptions that could be automated. Our software makes ordering and prescribing medications easier for both nurses and doctors, helping save them time and be more effective at performing their key responsibilities.
May 2, 2018
University of Utah Health Plans
University of Utah Health Plans is hiring a P2 or P3 intern. It’s a "great place to work, the hours are flexible and the people are awesome to work with. For those interested in Managed Care, this is especially for you given unique the opportunity it is and the great experience you would gain".
Click here to apply.
April 30, 2018
Red Rock Pharmacy
Red Rock Pharmacy is still hiring incoming P1 students!
We are the largest growing closed door pharmacy in the area and provide a wide range of opportunities! What is a closed door pharmacy? We specifically provide services to contracted facilities such as skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, hospice, and infusion centers. We provide our students opportunities for non-sterile compounding, sterile antibiotic compounding, antipsychotic medication consultations, and more!
We are looking for motivated students that are interested in learning a wide set of pharmacy skills! We want students that are fast learners and not afraid to ask questions. Previous pharmacy technician experience is preferred but not required. Red Rock Pharmacy is located just a few minutes from campus with a TRAX stop just a block away and we provide flexible work scheduling.
-Pharmacy Intern License
-Work a minimum of 10 hours per week during the school year
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Miss Shixian Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 25, 2018
Alta View Hospital Pharmacy
Alta View Hospital Pharmacy has posted two positions for pharmacy interns on their website: https://intermountainhealthcare.org/careers/
The positions are:
- Working every other Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 3:30pm in the inpatient pharmacy
- An as needed (PRN) position working in the inpatient pharmacy to help fill for vacations, interns on rotation, and sick call. The job numbers are 213227 and 213824.
April 10, 2018
Albertsons Companies (owner and operator of Albertsons and Safeway stores) has a small number of 2018 Pharmacy Summer Internship opportunities available in Utah and Arizona. Please contact email@example.com for inquiries.
St George, UT
April 10, 2018
OptumCare is a network of health care providers, whose mission is to connect and support providers by working together to deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each and every patient they serve. OptumCare’s focus is to do the right things for patients, physicians, and the community.
The pharmacy intern performs all the essential functions of a pharmacist under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Performs the essential functions of Pharmacy Technician
- Trains to be able to solve problems in the medication use process for patients and the organization
- Identifies and engages in organizational and department quality improvement activities to improve patient care, the medication use process, and pharmacy operations
- Trains to assume responsibility for the medication use process, following medication use policy and all laws, regulations, and standards applicable to pharmacy practice
- Learns to assess appropriate drug information and literature resources, and provide effective information to varied audiences including patients, other health care professions, and peers
- Performs post-discharge medication reviews and consults with patients and providers under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Participates in Medication Therapy Management
- Must be fully-matriculated and accepted in a College of Pharmacy
- Current Utah State Pharmacy Intern Licensure
- Second year intern
Careers with Optum:
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
To apply, contact Lorraine at Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org.