Utah Valley Hospital Intern (P1 & P2)
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist. Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides excellent service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Provides patient education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
- Is training to become competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 8 hours a week to work every other weekend.
- Department: Inpatient pharmacy at Utah Valley Hospital
- Additional Details: This intern position will support weekend medication delivery for the inpatient pharmacy. There are 2 positions available.
- Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Prior Pharmacy Technician hospital experience.
- 1st year or 2nd year Pharmacy student.
- Excellent communication skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Lee’s Marketplace in Smithfield Utah - Part time staff pharmacist position
Layton Hospital - Internship
Layton Hospital is looking for a pharmacy intern (P1–P4) who will work around 20 hours per week (1-2 swing shifts per week and every 3rdweekend).
Amie Quinones, a clinical pharmacist at Layton Hospital, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions.
Utah Poison Control Center - Internship
The Utah Poison Control Center (UPCC) employs exceptional pharmacy students as Poison Information Providers (PIPs). We are currently searching for a P1 to join our PIP team!
PIP team responsibilities include:
- performing patient follow-up calls for poisoning exposures
- participation in an ongoing customer satisfaction survey project
- other special projects in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- opportunity to advance to level 2 PIP and take specific scope of inbound calls
Previous toxicology experience is not necessary. You will receive on-the-job experience that will enhance your professional skills. Shifts are tailored with student schedules in mind (three 3-hr shifts/week- typically 4pm to 7pm). The Poison Center is located in the College of Pharmacy building which provides easy access after classes.
The position will remain posted until it is filled.
Please send an email with resume attached to: Kaitlyn Brown, PharmD